Problems with an o2 sensor on my 2000 Camry.

Hello all,

I just got a 30,000 mile tune-up on my car (2000 Camry/31000 miles) 2 days ago @ Quality Tune-Up Shop and when they were done 2 hours later, my engine warning light comes on. So I brought my car back and the guy who did the tune-up attached some electronic gizmo underneath my car's steering wheel and fixed it. A day later, the warning light comes on again and so I went back. Now the guy who did the tune-up told me I had a o2 sensor problem and it would cost me $120. Naturally, I'm pissed because I never had a problem with my car up until the tune-up and that light was never on until they touched my car. What's worse, my warranty expired because it's been 4 years ( 3 year warranty)from the day I bought it.

What should I do? get a second mechanic's opinion or go straight to a lawyer?

Reply to
91WhiskeyM6

What did these hackers do in the "Tune up" and what did they charge? New Plugs? Not needed until about 60,000 Air Filter? Good idea Timing belt? way too early Injector Cleaning? way too early Adjust valves? way too early Clean Throttle body? Good idea Oil Change? Trans Fluid Change? Good idea Diff Fluid change? Good idea Coolant change? Good idea Rob

Reply to
ROBMURR

Regarding the brake pads...I forgot to mention that it was 2 years ago when I had them do a routine brake check.

Reply to
91WhiskeyM6

Reasonable price

Reasonalble price

Reasonable price

Reasonable price

Too reasonable...I assume they cleaned the throttle body with a spray. They sure did not run cleaner directly thru the injectors..

Maybe for the spark plugs?

Wonder if they even got the right dual electrode plugs in there.. NGK or Nippondenso are the correct ones and expensive about $12 each.

I think they should have changed the air filter too.Go do that yourself. My guess is that they used a chemical cleaner that was not safe for O2 sensors and runied yours in the process. I bet they just removed the air filter hose and while running the car at a fast idle just shot it full of carb cleaner..Thats not the way to do it... That would be my guess. Rob

Reply to
ROBMURR