O2 sensor 2000 1MZ_FE

My 2000 camry has a code po135, o2 heated oxygen sensor [bank 1 sensor 1] where can I find for free if [bank 1] is in the front or in the rear by the fire wall.

Reply to
BEN RYER

clear the code three times b4 you are even concerned.135 can also be a gohst code. dave

Reply to
videokid400

Reply to
BEN RYER

did you flash the ecu eg use a scan tool or just disconect battery?

Reply to
videokid400

Haynes at your local Pep Boys should tell you that bank 1 is the RH (firewall) and bank 2 is the LH (radiator). Yes, do verify it's not something else causing the sensor codes as you should always do.

If you do need to replace it, see if you can find (non-calif) the Bosch planar sensor. The Bosch ceramic planar design is more resistant to contamination than the Denso thimble, which I wouldn't touch with a

10ft pole, especially after fixing a P0420 just junking Denso sensors.

BTW, the universal one requires you to splice the old connector back on to the new sensor. Takes a little longer, but works fine at a lower price.

Reply to
johngdole

These in my experience to are an excellent alternative and at half the price and twice the warranty,still would be checking it with a scope(should be no ripple). regards, dave

Reply to
videokid400