98 4RUNNER Anti-theft device

HELP!! The battery was disconnected on my 4Runner for replacement. Once the new battery was put in place, the flashers blink and the vehicle beeps but nothing else works. Does anyone know how to reset the factory anti-theft device so that the vehicle starts again? Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Reply to
Luis

Hey Luis...

You should be able to simply arm then disarm the alarm using the left button on the keyfob...

Rick

-- Computer recommends - Hard drinking calypso poet

Reply to
pray4surf

Hit the remote or turn the key to the run position when you hook up the battery.

Reply to
MDT Tech®

alright bro those things never worked for me next time it does this all youhave to do is look for the blinking red lightand the left side of your steering wheel, now push it to where it sticks out then put the key in the ignition then then the key the alarm should go off then you push the red light in and that will take care of it.

Reply to
digitido