Bedliner - Line-X vs Rhino

I just bought a 2003 Tundra and am considering a sprayed in bedliner. I'd like to get feedback from the newsgroup about the Line-X and Rhino products. Also, if there are other products that are better than either of these, what are they? The Rhino seems like it will stop things from sliding and be easier on my knees and my dogs paws, but it also looks like it will fade more easily.

Thanks in advance for the help.

Emery

Reply to
Emery Rowand

There are lots of posts about bedliners on the forums at

Do a search for bedliners and you should find them easily. Consensus seemes to be that Line-X is the tougher of the two, while Rhino is a little more skid resistant. Some people have posted that there is one called Permatech that can be color matched too.

Reply to
dave89144

i did Herculiner (1 coat) then a Toyota drop-in. this is the ideal bedliner in my opinion. the spray-ins look really really nice, but the facts are a drop-in will diperse more energy than a spray-in, thereby protecting your bed from dents much better. the Herculiner is there to protect the bed from the liner rubbing through the paint. i temporarily put the OEM "over-the-rail" drop-in liner in the bed, marked off the rails with blue painters masking tape, took out the liner, did Herc in bed, up the walls, underneath rails, over the rails to the tape line. i also did Herc on the gate and bottom side of the gate where drop-in does not reach, and also the edge lip of the bed where drop-in does not reach.

Reply to
Kryptoknight

It all depends on what you like. Line-X is a hard sandpaper type finish. Rhino is a rubberized textured finish. Line-X seems thin, Rhino is up to 1/4 inch thick. Rhino will never chip and crack like I have seen Line-X do. Also, rhino can be "reblacked" its a product called Rhino shine.

Reply to
Dave Leslie

With so many misconceptions and errors, I hardly know where to begin.

Line-X is applied, at a good dealer, thicker than Rhino. It doesn't chip. If it's impacted hard enough to break, it can be repaired, unlike Rhino. Rhino tears. Line-X does not.

Re-blacking is easily done on Line-X with any good product. I use 303 Protectant to avoid the browning seen commonly on tires.

And unless you've seen or used a Line-X liner for several years, calling it a sandpaper finish is laughable.

----------------------------------------------------- "Today, we know better than to believe that character does not count. Experience tells us that dishonesty has real costs." - Malcolm Wallop

Reply to
Eric Dreher

A friend had a Rhino Liner installed in the bed of his Tacoma stepside - they offered color matching, but since his truck is black the choice was simple.

Loves it. Has had it for two years - no fading, still looks new.

Larry Davick

Reply to
Larry Davick