Ordered my truck!

A few days ago I ordered 04 Tacoma Double cab Prerunner. It is black and has the IX black out package and is going too look awesome! My question is the break in period on the engine. I have read that you should keep the RPM's up for the first 500 to 1000 miles to "set" in the piston rings. Is this true? What else would you recommend?

The full details on the truck:

2004 pre-runner double cab with packages IX(black out) CQ(Power windows and such) OF(TRD) Spray in liner All weather mats 100K warranty

$23,495.00

Darrel

Reply to
Darrel Mayer & Sharone Ross-Mayer

Just my opinion, others are encouraged to debate;

Just drive the Truck normally, keep the MPH below 60. No need to rev-up the RPMs.

RG

Reply to
RG

Didja get your truck yet? Huh? didja didja?? :oD

Reply to
Celica Dude

what is this package, colored matched bumpers?

dealer installed option or Line-X or Rhino?

I got the carpet mats and bought the rubber all weather on the side

Not bad.

Reply to
TacomaDude

Don't use cruz till rings are seated, otherwise they might glaze and not seat. Best of Luck......Bill

Reply to
W.T. MC GLYNN

And fender flares and grill surround

Reply to