Tacoma 2wd 2003

Maintenance schedule says tighten the Propeller shaft bolts, but does not tell me where these are and what torque. Are these the 4 bolts fastening to the backing plate? What is the tightening torque?

Thanks, paul

______________________________ "Democracy or monarchy, federal republic or federation of republics are all the same to us; what interests us is not the what but the how." Hermann Hesse 1918

Reply to
Paul Mars

Propeller shaft = Drive shaft

Reply to
Mike

I know, my question remains.

paul

Reply to
Paul Mars

Most likely they are the on the two U bolts that hold the drive shaft to the differential. Unless drive shaft technology has changed dramatically of late, the front of the drive shaft should slide into the rear of the transmission and the rear of the drive shaft is bolted to the differential via two U bolts. There are some exceptions where the drive shaft is bolted to a flange up front instead of using a slip in fitting, but I don't think that the Tacoma is one of them.

Gary

Reply to
Garys2