Toyota X-Mas gifts?

Anybody get any good gifts for their trucks? I got a bug guard and a set of those window visors for my 04' Tacoma double cab. Going to have to wait till it warms up to install the visors..... they are the double sided tape type of install.

Mac

Reply to
Mac

Lord-Howard-hurts

...that's what I wanted! That and TRD Supercharger (grin)...

I was at Target last week and they has some type of carwash system that says you don't have to dry (with chamois (sp?)/towel). Anyone use or know about that?

Reply to
Jonnie Santos

I asked for that from my girlfriend. The water here in FL has alot of minerals in it and I got water spots all over my new truck the second time I washed it because I didn't wipe it down quick enough. My neighbor across the street uses a kit he got from Walmart that he says works great. Doesn't even wipe down the vehicle after and it's dark green!! I asked Santa for the Supercharger too and she laughed her ass off....

Mac

Reply to
Mac

I didn't get a gift *for* my truck, but we took it up to play in the snow in the mountains for our annual Christmas Eve snow romp (since we get none down here in the central Cali valley.) Wasn't much to snowshoe in but she got to slide around on some ice (controlled) and get all mucky dirty *grin*. Just to let her know more is coming this week, we didn't even unload the sleds yet. ;) She'll be happy when we get more snow up there and she can wear her chains- you know women and jewelry.

Reply to
Pookerz

I got a set fo 150W KC Daylighters for my '02 Tacoma. I guess I was not good enough this year for the TRD supercharger. I'll try to be better next year. Mike

Reply to
Mike the Cop

A V-8 Diesel half ton Toyota truck would be nice...

Reply to
Dan J.S.

Or a V-8 Diesel one ton dually, possibly 4x6...

Reply to
davidj92

V-8 TurboDiesel one-ton cab-chassis dually, 2X6 or 4X6. (I'll go get a utility bed installed myself.) Give it enough grunt for evasive driving, or to hold at least 55 MPH up an 8% grade while loaded.

What would be nifty is to license the tech from Caterpillar for running dual fuel Diesel/CNG. (I don't think a 3208 will fit...)

-->--

Reply to
Bruce L. Bergman

I like everything you said except the Cat. No doubt the Cat diesel is a good engine but I think Toyota could build a better quality and/or longer lasting engine. (As soon as I typed this I thought of the thousands of hours some of the Cat's in our fleet have run with few or no problems.) :-) Also, the Cat's are an iron block in-line 6, IIRC, and IMHO Toy would build an aluminum V-8. davidj92

Reply to
davidj92

No! Go read it again - Toyota builds their own diesel engines, but Cat has perfected dual-fuel engines that start on Diesel and then switch to running on Compressed Natural Gas. But even Cat's smallest "On-road service" engine is 7 Liters and weighs ~1,600 pounds (radiator not included) which won't fit in anything Toyota builds - unless you mount it on a pallet and load it into the bed of a pickup...

Just like Ford is licensing the Prius Hybrid system from Toyota for the Explorer, Toyota can license the computer logic from Cat to make dual-fuel easier. Or they can go develop their own, they know it can be done... And the same system would probably work on Propane, too.

CNG burns ultra clean, and you can fill up the tanks at home overnight with a slow-fill 120V powered compressor and your domestic natural gas supply. For long trips, if you can't find a CNG refill station along your route, you just let it run on 100% Diesel.

-->--

Reply to
Bruce L. Bergman