Baja quiet pack exhaust w/heat?

Is this the header/muffler that sits across the back of the engine, sort of horizontally w/ the gases coming out on the right rear side? I know they're cheap, but the heater is essential! Any other good cheap exhausts for my '72 soon to be baja'ed? Paul

Reply to
pmbedard

Thare are quite a few variations of exhaust for Bajas that still use heater boxes. My last setup was pretty nice because it was still a merged design (not the one thats sorta square across the back) and had a stinger that went straight up and could use the heater boxes and either a stinger, muffler, or glasspack Allthough the latest Empi and bugpack catalogs have really thinned the selection down this year(Empi still has a few choices). S&S I think still has a good selection of them, and I think that Myers was selling the sidewinder type (what I think you are reffeing to) last time I talked with a manx guy. Mark Detro Englewood, FL

Reply to
Mark Detro

http://63.230.74.177/baja/page2.html ... and

http://63.230.74.177/baja/page8.html Max

Reply to
Max Welton

That's a pretty baja - nice and functional, and that's the type of exhaust I'm thinking of. I wonder why so many people erase their plate #'s online? I'm not leaving Atlanta for Colorado, even though Boulder was lots of fun in '69-'70... now who is "S&S"?? Thanks guys! Paul

Reply to
pmbedard

If you know Shaggie, he has a picture of his camo baja with a copper tube wrapped around the muffler pipe goiing up and wrapping around his carb manifold....dunno if it helped - but my chrome air cleaner makes me crazy this winter...same problems...

Reply to
pmbedard