Excited, progress with new engine

Just thought I'd let you in on what I'm doing. :)

79x90.5mm 310deg custom made cam, 10.8mm lift (11.9mm at valve) 1.1:1 rockers for now, will probably try 1.25's later 2x45 Dells 009 (yea yea I know, I cheaped out. Needs Pertronix still.) Crane HI-6 CDI spark and rev limiter (set at 7500rpm) 40x35.5 Empi heads with long plug threads, Stainless valves pro porting and competition valve job, chamber work by yours truly 10.6:1 Compression ratio, 1,2mm deck height Welded fan (stock pulley ratio) Full Flow (just filter, no external cooler yet) Narrowed late model doghouse with room for T4 oil cooler Merged header

Still some open issues, but I think I'm getting there... :)

Today I finished timing my cam, and welded the fan blades, narrowed the shroud and painted it, finished painting cylinder tin, and other odd bits and pieces. Starting to look like an engine almost.

Jan

Reply to
Jan Andersson

I would love to test that engine on my beetle ;-)

Joao

Joao Eliseu

Heh, me too.

:)

Jan

Reply to
Jan

pictures?

Jen

Reply to
jboothbee

Me 3! Oh wait... we already know where this is going don't we? Hehe.

K.

Reply to
Kidd Andersson

On 29 Jul 2005 02:20:43 -0700, "Joao Eliseu" scribbled this interesting note:

I wasn't going to respond to this, but after thinking it over for a couple of days, I think I will.

everything as they do. The Europeans don?t have any >responsibility if you only know how to speak one language.

Two very broad assumptions, don't you think?

Do I speak more than one language? Not fluently, but I have more than a passing familiarity with Spanish, had several years of German while in high school and college, and have some slight reading ability in French and Italian.

would say different.

Different is an accurate description. Quite frankly, I find the culture in the US to be one of the strangest, most dysfunctional to be found anywhere.

Perhaps you should have stopped with the "different" comment. See, the issue here, as I see it, is one of perception. While assuming that people who live in the US have no real perception or insight in to how the rest of the world works, you forget the same might be true of individuals and other cultures around the world with regards to living in the US.

BTW, it is understood that money does not buy culture. Most people in the US are not rich. Don't confuse a relatively high standard of living with disposable income. While related, the two are not the same. And immature people are to be found worldwide and they come from all walks of life and can be found everywhere.

-- John Willis snipped-for-privacy@airmail.net (Remove the Primes before e-mailing me)

Reply to
John Willis