Leo's progress

Thanks Lee. Nope, Leo wont be able to make it to Martinsburg this year, maybe next year. But OcrappyOne and I will be there. Don't have reservations, but will ride around when we get there (Thursday night) and find a room. When are you and that girl that hits a lot going to be there?

Reply to
Jerry Forrester

Since Leo does not have a stock '55 fuel tank (seems to be about 4-5 inchs short on the passenger side, otherwise just like a '55 tank and there's really no room on the driver's side of the tank) I was thinking about running both tail pipes on the pass. side from the rear axle back. But I change my mind a lot.

Reply to
Jerry Forrester

Jerry, Check the Martinsburg hotel listings:

Knights Inn is almost directly across the street. The Super 8 is a couple blocks toward I-81 and the Quality Inn is about one more block away. Super 8 is the newest. The Quality used to be some other brand, but was converted in the last couple years.Paul Johnson

Reply to
Paul Johnson

Thanks Paul.

Jerry

Reply to
Jerry Forrester

Yeah, it may be a sedan tank. Don't they have standup spares? At some point in his life, Leo got hit hard in the ass end (probably why he has a sedan tank). When I got him there was a two inch gap between the filler panel just under the trunk lid and the trunk lid. I could drive him for a 1/2 hour and get a hell of a headache from the exaust. The wreck moved the whole rear end of the car 1/2" out of line to the right. That's why the trunk lid overlaped the left quarter panel by a 1/2 inch. It had been that way for so long the trunk lid had rubbed a hole in the edge of the gasket channel. But it's amazing what a frame puller can do as far as straightening frames and bodies.

Reply to
Jerry Forrester
Reply to
Alex Magdaleno

I definatly dont want to end my exaust with turn downs in front of the axle. I had enough of that ear shattering, head ache inducing rumble back in the sixties. I don't think running the two pipes over the axle together will be a problem, they will be welded together and will measure 2 1/2" high by 5 " wide. Looks like I have room above the pinion to do the cross over. Don't want to do the cross over close to the tranny, I already made this cross member for the exaust to go through.

I don't want to run a 3 inch pipe beside the drive shaft because I amalready pushed for room with the 2 1/2 inchers.I'm tring to keep everything tucked up tight. I hate following a car downthe road with shit hanging down under it. Since I have removed the originalunderseat heater and installed a Vintage Air Heat-Cool-W/defrost in thedash, I am thinking of removing the passenger side hump from the batwingcross member and run BOTH exaust pipes above it instead of only the driver'sside. It should look something like this....

Jerry Forrester

Do you and the niece want to do din-din if OcrappyOne and I get there early enough? Any Bob Evans around there close?

Reply to
Jerry Forrester
Reply to
Jerry Forrester

Not addressed to me, but since I know... Bob Evan is third exit south on I-81 (just past big mall). There is a decent Italian restaurant and a Chinese restaurant across the side street from the Comfort and a Hoss's Steak and Seafood a block down from the Comfort. Good Mexican restaurant about 1/2 mile toward town from the Comfort. Second exit (which will also take you to Bob Evans), Shoney's, Applebees, Cracker Barrel.. Also at the third exit, Ruby Tuesday, Texas Steakhouse, Ryans and a huge Chinese Buffet (ask Calvin- he ran them out of steamed clams before they ran us out). There are numerous fast foods at or nearby all the exits. Paul Johnson

Reply to
Paul Johnson

Damn Paul, that place sounds like Douglasville. An eatin place on every corner and 3 or 4 in between those.

Reply to
Jerry Forrester