horn

the horn on my 63 doesn't work. i tried a new horn and nothing. fuses are all good. any tips? also when i have my turn signal engaged and i step on the brake it stops blinking until i take my foot off the brake.

Reply to
PAUL HORVATH

Not sure on a 63, but on my 72 the wire to the horn goes along the steering column near the steering coupler. Maybe that connection came loose? Not sure if you can get to it without taking the tank out, though..

Remco

Reply to
remco

I knew the wire described was related to the horn and, after typing my previous response, I became curious as to how this thing is actually wired. Check this article out -- it could be of use to you:

look for "horn wiring hell".

Reply to
Remco

I had some horn problems. I took the steering wheel off and cleaned the brass ring and all the contacts in the wheel. Mine works great now. 74 Super though. When in doubt, clean connectors. Rob

Reply to
ITman

Ground connection is bad in the taillight(s) Paul (for you second issue). make sure the bulb has a good ground all the way to the battery. See the "Horn Wiring Hell" at my site....

(a '63? Isn't that a "new" Beetle???)

JH

PAUL HORVATH wrote:

Reply to
John Henry

On Mon, 25 Jul 2005 22:59:39 -0400, John Henry scribbled this interesting note:

From my point of view it is!:~)

-- John Willis snipped-for-privacy@airmail.net (Remove the Primes before e-mailing me)

Reply to
John Willis