OT London

:) Christ Church College, Oxford.

Reply to
johnboy

Assuming oil is what they get their money out of, which I doubt, the best way to reduce oil prices is for the US to reduce its usage...

Reply to
Eduardo K.

On Fri, 8 Jul 2005 21:52:05 -0500, "johnboy" scribbled this interesting note:

Yeah, it is cheap...and easy too.

I was talking with a friend, and we came to the agreement that if all they could do, with that many bombs, in morning rush hour on crowded mass transit, was kill a few dozen people, then those fellows really aren't the sharpest knives in the drawer.

-- John Willis snipped-for-privacy@airmail.net (Remove the Primes before e-mailing me)

Reply to
John Willis

I've been amazed how ineffective most of the bombings have been. They haven't always even killed people. I'm sure I could do better. I know explosives and I have some rudimentary level of common sense. These terrorists only manage to make themselves look like morons with dynamite in their drawers. Someone gave them matches and told them to go blow something up. Carefully planned? My ass. The London series of bombings was the first half-decent effort, and even that failed to some extent. (Not all their bombs went off.. sheesh.. and how hard is it to kill dozens of people in a train car with a big damn bomb? Yet they managed to kill what, half a dozen? I say that one failed too. The only one that "worked" was the one that took 21 people with it. And don't get me started on the bus bomb.. two killed? On a fully loaded, 2-story tourist bus? Pathetic.

With all this said, I feel sorry for the losses and for the families and loved ones for those who died. It never should hava happened, even ole loss of life is unacceptable.

My comments on the effect of the bombings are made purely from the technical point of view of a military trained explosives expert: they sucked. Bunch of amateurs.

Jan

Reply to
Jan Andersson

but then again, there is the thought that the bombs where not meant to mass kill...

the IRA used to plant bombs then phone the police/government so they could evacuate the areas and the blast would only cause damage to buildings. it's the "we did that... but think of what we COULD do next time"

the idea is to scare... not mass kill

Reply to
Howard Rose

These terrorists live by "all infidels must be killed". Leaves little room for interpretation. And bombing the islamic part of town? I'm sorry, I just don't see any finesse or detailed planning, or careful execution in it.

If they wanted to avoid killing people, they would have done what IRA has done for years. Warn the police and initiate evacuations. Careful planning and skilled execution would have saved all lives even without warnings. Now it's just a botched up job that was left to chance. Didn't achieve either goal.

Jan

Reply to
Jan Andersson

On thing they did archive was to increase support for Tony Blair. More people want to pound on these terrorist than before the attack.

Tony

Reply to
Anthony W

Conspiracy nutz are already saying that the CIA did it to galvanize the British to Bush's ways.

Reply to
johnboy

LOL funny how it works, huh? hehehehe

"OMA*, how did this happen! ARGH! We have made a grave mistake! Aieee! "

*Oh My Allah

Jan

Reply to
Jan Andersson

Excellent tactics :)

Jan

Reply to
Jan Andersson

The conspiracy theory wackos have their heads so far up a dark place they have to take zantac to keep from burning their scalp.

Tony

Reply to
Anthony W

The truth is that most of the British government lacks the gonads to attack the problem at the root... It's a little better over here but not nearly enough.

Tony

Reply to
Anthony W

I like that idea, it's pretty damned reasonable when you think about it. No need to kill innocent people when its the government one's got a problem with. Now if only Timothy McVeigh had run with that idea, he might have gotten some support from political allies. Killing innocents is just a rotten practice, and what he did was a terrible slaughter.

-Kevin

Reply to
Kevin Holzer

I wonder how long it will take them to realize that inducing terror doesn't guarantee "flight." It guarantees "flight or fight." People get tired of running away. Time for everyone to realize that there is no reforming their kind of behavior. The only thing that will put a stop to their shit is their extinction. They've done their best to prove that they are not rational, and that they all want to meet Allah. Let's do the right thing and help them achieve that goal.

Reply to
Shag

"These" terrorists? Have they been identified?

For all you know, it could have been instigated by the UK government.

So they set off a bomb near a mosque?

Just a bunch of criminal losers, trying to scare reasonable people into doing something unreasonable.

Reply to
Bernd Felsche

On Sat, 09 Jul 2005 20:22:45 GMT, Anthony W scribbled this interesting note:

The Brits love a fight. If the maroons thought the US was fun to play with, when the Brits jump into a fray with both feet, things really get interesting!:~)

-- John Willis snipped-for-privacy@airmail.net (Remove the Primes before e-mailing me)

Reply to
John Willis

A good friend of mine was in the Marine barracks in Beruit when the suicide bomber blew the building to bits in the early 80's. He did survive. Anyway, we must eliminate these religious killers and the schools of hate that spawn them for self defense reasons and the common good of all thinking humans.

href="

">Den's1977 Puma

Reply to
Dennis Wik

Why don't these 'genius' bombers attack the seats of government? Strange.

Reply to
johnboy

Reply to
ilambert

My gosh, I believe you qualify for an honorary PhD in Political Science ... which ain't rocket science, but then neither is rocket science.

Reply to
johnboy