Re: {OT} To our democrat friends...

> > Hmmm...where's the Bipartisanship we were promised?

> > When you read this post, please don't come back with the same old > bullshit. I've been sick for 3 days now and am very tired. > > Try to come up with something interesting like why the Democrat leadershi= p > won't cut out the pork-barrel spending included in this bill (BTW, feel > free to point out any PBS you can find from EITHER side of the aisle) and > where the bipartisanship is we were promised (no, don't point out the > Republicans aren't voting for this *bloated* bill: that's what we pay the= m > for...and for once they're actually DOING what we pay them for...) and > while you're at it, where is the 'change' the American people voted for. > > All I see is more Democrat bullshit... > > Of course, the above statement precludes Burn-out from responding at all.= ..
  • "That's very correct, President! We DON'T want to go back to the same worn out ideas that got us here in the first place. "
  • I know it's only been a week or so but surely your memory can't be so short that you've forgotten those were REPUBLICAN ideas.

Hachi THINK: Suppose YOU were the president and you need to begin working on the economy. But the problem is you're surrounded by these entrenched politicians, both Republican and Democrat who are interested in pork, etc. while paying lip service to the things you feel need to be done. You can't bad-mouth your own party or even the opp- osition too badly because you need their votes.

And no one wants to beat you up too badly because they all want (or want to avoid) your veto powers and etc.

So what do you do Hachi??? Be reasonable; I think he's doing ok for now given the circumstances.

dennis in nca

Reply to
rigger

Well, he blasted the Republicans fairly well. Paraphrasing: they're standing in the way of progress.

There were also 11 Democrats standing in the way, too. Wow. Democrats with brains! Or, at least, who weren't willing to slaughter the goose laying the golden eggs.

That was a serious gaff. Sorry. He should have made some concession there was too much prok fat in the bill, and that maybe it needed to be rethought before submission.

I thought we were getting a different government. It's more of the same as far as I can see. Partisan, spending-driven, all the good thing I've come to love Democrat politicians for.

Maybe Barack wants change. His party just wanted the power. So far he does not appear to be as much the puppet for the party that Bush was, but the strings are beginning to show...

Reply to
Hachiroku

And the strings were always there, at least since I've been alive.

All I guess I'm saying is let's give it a while and see and not go off half-cocked like the rush dog (I't IS his job I know) and look at how the recovery goes before beating Obama up because the dems are politicians.

As far as I can tell Obama has been on the right track as far as building his team and approaching the problem. He shouldn't be condemned because the intrenched politicians in the Dem- ocratic party are now wanting to do the things the Republicans would do if the situation were reversed.

dennis in nca

Reply to
rigger

Seems more like he is using the basic Dim tactic of throwing money at "the problem." LOL

Reply to
Mike Hunter