OT London

I'm not sure but I'd like to give you the benefit of the doubt and guess that you probably haven't been following the $/barrel thing here in the US, but if you had then you probably wouldn't have been limber enough to shove your foot into your mouth as far as you just did. I wonder what you would have done if you lived in the US to prevent something like "invading a country on some pretext like WMDs." I'll bet your picket sign you held out protesting the war would have been huge and that you would have made a lot of friends who also didn't have a job (while picketing) and who "got by" on their welfare checks that they got from the government. Just like you. What island do you live on again that has internet access? I'm gonna move there and kick you off of it.

Reply to
Shag

..............At $60 a barrel, who's stealing from who.

Reply to
Tim Rogers

On Mon, 11 Jul 2005 21:24:39 -0400, "ilambert" scribbled this interesting note:

You miss the implication entirely. What I was getting at is, through technology, reduce the demand for oil such that the prices drop so much as to remove money from the equation entirely.

I don't want "their" oil. "They can have it, for all the good it'll do "them" when demand drops, causing prices to drop, causing all manner of problems for "them."

BTW, I don't know who "they" are. I was referencing how some in the middle east funnel large chunks of change to terrorists, financing the efforts of mentally challenged individuals who see nothing wrong with blowing up a bus load of Londoners intent on just getting to work in the morning.

-- John Willis snipped-for-privacy@airmail.net (Remove the Primes before e-mailing me)

Reply to
John Willis

On Tue, 12 Jul 2005 01:42:10 GMT, Shag scribbled this interesting note:

ROTFLMAO....PLOP!:~)

-- John Willis snipped-for-privacy@airmail.net (Remove the Primes before e-mailing me)

Reply to
John Willis

Hell, we still pay a fraction of the price they pay in Europe for the same barrel. Anywho, most of our oil comes from Canada. Let's invade! Moose-Drool beer, free! Wait... maybe we otta stop sending our Alaska pipeline oil to Japan. So many choices...

Reply to
johnboy

I can hear all of England laughing at you from here.

Reply to
johnboy

Let the price of oil rise to it's natural level (explained below) and the demand will go down. People will still have their private vehicles, but they will be more like the rest of the world: cost effective. Public transporation will become reasonable and humane. Trucking will adjust, and get government breaks. No worries.

We pay 'protection money' for that mideast oil. We don't see the cost at the pumps.We see it in our inflated government taxations. That's another thing we need to fix.

Reply to
johnboy

With people like him spouting off shit like 'war for oil,' they have effectively prevented that from happening. I'd like to see Iraq pay for the expenses of war in free oil to us, then I'd be happier.

-Kevin

Reply to
Kevin Holzer

That's not the way it works. WE pay for the war, over and over, now and later. Besides, Iraq's piddling dribble of oil won't help our situation one bit, and OPEC sets the price, and OPEC is just plain pissed off at the USA. We're losers no matter how you look at it. Thank Bush!

Reply to
johnboy

Screw the oil, the religious nuts that use any pretence of wrong to justify mass killing of foreign peoples are my target. Stupid people in large numbers are the danger. Stupid people by choice (it beats thinking cause it's easier) are my targets. The first time I got back from viet nam in June 68, I saw Robert Kennedy get killed on latenight tv by a terrorist from palistine who said it was because of our policies towards the palisine people and our support of zion so don't think this is because of Iraq. You cannot use logic against this twisted type of religious hate being pushed against us because religious faith is not based on logic, it is based on "faith" not facts. Release the bastards so they can "get it on" with their 70 ugly virgins.

href="

">Den's1977 Puma

Reply to
Dennis Wik

On Mon, 11 Jul 2005 21:07:39 -0500, "johnboy" scribbled this interesting note:

All true.

-- John Willis snipped-for-privacy@airmail.net (Remove the Primes before e-mailing me)

Reply to
John Willis

On Tue, 12 Jul 2005 08:14:46 -0500, snipped-for-privacy@webtv.net (Dennis Wik) scribbled this interesting note:

Don't hold back, tell us how do you really feel???

-- John Willis snipped-for-privacy@airmail.net (Remove the Primes before e-mailing me)

Reply to
John Willis

First you'll need the thank Clinton for not taking care of business. Bush is only dealing with what was handed to him. Andy

Reply to
<texaseitz

There's a special place for you in the corner, facing the wall with a dunce-cap on.

Reply to
johnboy

Because they want to terrorize the populace, they don't care about the government. They view all Western governments as soft, ineffective, and probably effeminate, too. They think we will respond thusly:

Your mother was a hampster and your father reeked of elderberries. (With apologies to Monty Python)

BAAAAP. Wrong answer. The Londoners survived the Blitz and the IRA. This is nothing compared to that.

Charles of Kankakee

Reply to
n5hsr

Way to go Shag!

Charles of Kankakee

Reply to
n5hsr

I told people that Clinton was the best President that Chinese money could buy, and they didn't believe me. Why do people think they attacked so early in Bush's first term? Bush was starting to rebuild after 8 years of the Clintonistas eating out the fabric of our national defense.

Charles of Kankakee

Reply to
n5hsr

Someone is forgetting something here, which nation train AlCaida and the likes in the first place, UUUuups, wrong question??? (Anti Commie at the time, but backfired did it not??)

J.

Reply to
P.J. Berg

On Thu, 14 Jul 2005 01:54:54 +0200, "P.J. Berg" scribbled this interesting note:

So far as I'm concerned that was a short sighted policy then, just as policies in place now may similarly turn out to be short sighted from a point of view we do not and can not have in the present. It is impossible to predict the future. Ideas and strategies that may seem like the best ways to deal with existing situations, oftentimes turn out to have been flawed. It is easy to be a Monday morning quarter-back. It is hard to create, make, design, and implement good policy in every instance.

Is that what you are trying to say? If so, I agree completely.

-- John Willis snipped-for-privacy@airmail.net (Remove the Primes before e-mailing me)

Reply to
John Willis

Hmm. You handled/said that a lot better than I ever could have.

Reply to
Shag