OT New Gas Tax Proposed

In New Zealand, they are considering a tax on Cattle because they pass gas and contribute to global warming.

Bill Berckman

67 Beetle Pictures at
Family Reunion Show Sept 21 2003 Cincinnati OH
Bill Berckman

If The Whole of New Zealand was coverd every inch by cattle and they farted every minute on the minute, it'd take about 80 million years to have any effect on the global warming situation I'd think ..............................Just my 2 cents worth anyway.....................LOL ( this before reading the article )

The whole concept of taxing the farmers is silly. I like the way they're calling it a "FLAT" tax,....short for flatualent..................LOL (This after reading the article............)

I knew it had to be something silly.

Remove "YOURPANTIES" to reply MUADIB®

Artificial Intelligence is no match for natural stupidity.

Reply to
MUADIB®

If it is anything like the most big Governments, they will tax the farmers for the cows and subsidize the farmers to help them stay in business despite the high cost of farming (and low payoff). The net effect will be to create jobs for some people to take the $$ and others to give back the $$. Then there will need to be more auditors and inspectors, and then auditors and inspectors of the auditors and inspectors, and then there will be the ISO

9000 certification team, and finally a bunch of phone sanitizes who will be carted off to another planet to get rid of the lot.

Seriously though, this sounds like something the anti-meat #$%@&* influenced. If they can't get us to stop eating meat by one means, they will try another. I had better not get started on THAT area. It is enraging! (Remember when Ronald Reagan joked about "greenhouse gasses" by stating something about how cows produce more pollution than most of the other sources .... HE was pointing out how ridiculous it all is!)

Reply to
KWW

Boy Kirk,.................Paridise Grill is sounding real good about now , isn't it?..................LOL

( Really Good Greasy Burgers)