OT Rough weekend

Just got the call from the vet. Stimpy's liver is shutting down and there isn't much of anything they can do for him. His blood tests came back more than 7 times higher in the indicator level than the vet said he normally sees on a cat with a liver that's in bad shape, so he's in a BAD way. I'm gonna hate doing it but I'm taking him to the vet in the morning to have him put to sleep. Gosh, this sucks. :-(

-- Travis (Shaggie) '63 VW Camo Baja...

corrodes the vessel that carries it.

Reply to
travis

Sorry Shaggie.

Dan

Reply to
Dan Smith

On Sun, 13 Jul 2003 20:05:11 +0000 (UTC), Eduardo , who was sitting in a corner eating his Xmas pie stuck in his thumb and pulled out a plum and began to run off at the mouth like so:

He just had his one-year-old birthday July 1st. :-/

~

~ Just got the call from the vet. Stimpy's liver is shutting down and ~ there isn't much of anything they can do for him. His blood tests ~ came back more than 7 times higher in the indicator level than the vet ~ said he normally sees on a cat with a liver that's in bad shape, so ~ he's in a BAD way. I'm gonna hate doing it but I'm taking him to the ~ vet in the morning to have him put to sleep. Gosh, this sucks. :-(

Oh he looks just like Smudge - my boyfriend's parent's cat.

It's horrible having to put them to sleep but it's better than them living in pain. Make sure you tell your kids beforehand so they can say goodbye. Our last cat was put to sleep because of a cancerous growth and my parents did it while at the vets to see what was wrong with him, so I never got to say goodbye, which really upset me.

And get that picture framed, it's a nice one :o)

Reply to
Clare

Don't waste him! There's a chinese restaurant somewhere that will take him in. If you really want a cat I'll send you the next one I trap. The trap is already set and chained to a pine tree in the front yard.

Doh! Did I just say that?

4play (@\|/@)(.\~/.)
came back more than 7 times higher in the indicator level than the vet> said he normally sees on a cat with a liver that's in bad shape, so> he's in a BAD way. I'm gonna hate doing it but I'm taking him to the> vet in the morning to have him put to sleep. Gosh, this sucks. :-(>
Reply to
(O\|/O)(.\~/.)

You are a totally inconsiderate and insensitive asshole.

Plonked for good.

Randy

RSMEINER

Sorry to hear it. You might consider trying another vet. They do make mistakes once in awhile. Same with the labs.

Randy

RSMEINER

On 13 Jul 2003 21:48:23 GMT, snipped-for-privacy@aol.comXXX (RSMEINER), who was sitting in a corner eating his Xmas pie stuck in his thumb and pulled out a plum and began to run off at the mouth like so:

-- Travis (Shaggie) '63 VW Camo Baja...

corrodes the vessel that carries it.

Reply to
travis

Forgive me for I am not as perfect as you are. :-] Me inconsiderate? Sometimes. Me an insensitive asshole? Sometimes here too. Plonked? That could be your loss somewhere down the road. Only time will tell.

While you are only looking on one side of the coin there are those who look on both sides. I meant no harm in what I said and mean no ill will torwards Shaggie. It may be time for the cat to go. Look at the facts. I would recommend that Shaggie does get a second opinion though if he wishes to keep the cat around for a while longer. It may have been misdiagnosed. However I doubt it. Again not wishing any ill will. At some point in time though it will go and it will hurt. Only time will remove some of the hurt. Don't humanize an animal. It isn't human. If it is time for it to go why not put it to good use? Right now my condolences are sent to the kids. They are the ones who will be hurt the most. This will be an event in their life to learn by. The adults already know or should know how to get over it. They will be teaching the children how to get over it by what they do and say.

So plonk my crap off if your list if you want. It really does take all kinds. Consider me the asshole of the group if you want. It doesn't bother me.

4play (@\|/@)(.\~/.)
Randy>
(O\|/O)(.\~/.)

Very sorry to hear of your loss, Travis. The way people treat animals is often a good measure of their humanity. Yer a good man.

Reply to
J Stafford

I feel as though someone needs to thank you for recanting and replying at this point. As I do believe that your original post was pretty heartless as it was originally stated.

However , I think Shaggie would have thought something similar and possibly might have posted a similar reply to someone else under their unfortunate circumstances. Somehow He would have cut up but made sure he wasn't fully insensitive.

I saw the humor but was reading on, thinking you would immediately show the sensitivity that we all sometimes lack.

It is definitely appreciated by some,..........as is the humor.

I hope you also mean no ill will toward Shaggies cat.=-I

Remove "YOURPANTIES" to reply MUADIB®

MUADIB®

On Sun, 13 Jul 2003 23:07:35 GMT, MUADIB® , who was sitting in a corner eating his Xmas pie stuck in his thumb and pulled out a plum and began to run off at the mouth like so:

Me too.

I might have had a sick thought like that cross my mind but I wouldn't have made a post quite that off-color. I think. It seems strange to see myself refered to as "He" with the "h" capitalized. I know y'all appreciate the baja and the work I've done to it, but... ;-)

Hell, I thought his post was completely without tact, but I guess I'm completely without tact sometimes, too. I didn't read his post to my kids and they'll never see it, so I'm not gonna make a big deal out of it. Everyone has a bad day sometimes I guess.

I guess a little humor is needed on a thread that starts out like "I'm taking my cat to have it put to sleep tomorrow."

I'm sure he doesn't. I'll live. The cat won't. You want to hear something eerie? The phone rang a few minutes ago. It was my youngest son, Billy, who is visiting his grandparents over the weekend. He'll be home tomorrow. I didn't call him to tell him about the cat and how the cat won't be here when he gets here tomorrow. The first thing he said to me was "Can I bring home one of Grandma and Grandpa's kittens with me tomorrow?" Their cat just had 2 kittens. None of them knew about Stimpy. We hadn't even mentioned how Stimpy was acting sick recently. I told him "no" for now. We'll see what happens. :-/

-- Travis (Shaggie) '63 VW Camo Baja...

corrodes the vessel that carries it.

Reply to
travis

On Sun, 13 Jul 2003 15:50:56 -0400, travis ran around screaming and yelling:

hate to hear that shag...i am an animal lover and would hate to be in your position.. Joey

Reply to
Joey Tribiani

What else can I say? I lack sensitivity! We all have our faults. That one seems to be the one that gets me in hot water the most. I'm sure that if the cats was healthy it would have plenty of spunk and humorous antics left in it to be very entertaining for some time. After all it's only a year old. No; I mean no ill will towards the cat either. Now the one that bit me a couple of years ago I will surly take all nine lives if I ever catch it. It damn near put me into the hospital. But I will have to say it was partially my fault. I always wear heavy leather gauntlet gloves when handling stray cats now. The day I run out of people to give cats too is the day I will drop them off at the restaurant. I trap cats. Keep them outta my yard and off of my vehicles and I have no problems with them. I even take homegrown catnip in to people at work. Trapping all started because of a coon eating my garden. But all I ever catch is squirrels, cats, and opossum. One woman got real nasty with me because I had a black cat on trick-or-treat night one year. She left in tears. What can I say? I'm an asshole at times. :-]

PETA=People Eating Tasty Animals! Time to chow down.

I know. I know. I did it again. Sometimes the words don't come out as intended...

I'm an asshole. So what? I'm a nice asshole most of the time! :-]

4play (@\|/@)(.\~/.)
However , I think Shaggie would have thought> something similar and possibly might have posted a> similar reply to someone else under their> unfortunate circumstances. Somehow He would have> cut up but made sure he wasn't fully insensitive.>
Reply to
(O\|/O)(.\~/.)

Me too - on both accounts. In fact I just lost one too.

4play (@\|/@)(.\~/.)
> and humans are just the top of the animal chain...i have animals, and> i prefer their company to most people i know...> Joey
Reply to
(O\|/O)(.\~/.)

Sorry Travis, Same thing happened to us a few years ago, vet said test results and life didn't go together. vet thought that maybe cat got into some antifreeze or something. The cat was cool she had two extra toes on each front paw, used them like hands. Dave

Reply to
Dovemn1

On Sun, 13 Jul 2003 23:36:44 GMT, "\(O\\|/O\)\(.\\~/.\)" ran around screaming and yelling:

"jenny" looks like a great dog...i hope no harm comes to her, and you find her soon..i hope no one ate her(

Reply to
Joey Tribiani

I would if I could find the little bitch. Doh! Here we go again. Well she really is a bitch honestly!

The other dog does not want to leave my side now when I am home. I think I may have to get her a pet... Anybody else have a pet for a pet?

4play (@\|/@)(.\~/.)

I'm sorry for the loss, too... but can't let this slip by! Re: The search for Jenny - Did you check all yer neighbor's traps? Mebbe one o' them's got a bigger trap - look for the larger families in the area, then for the trap. Actually, if you see a salt lick in the back yard, there prolly won't be a trap. Insensitive? Who? Me?

animals, and

Reply to
Busahaulic

I know how it is. Sucks big time.