radio speaker

when i installed the speaker on my saphire I radio it didn't work. it is a 4 ohm speaker. does a saphire radio require an 8 ohm speaker?

Reply to
PAUL HORVATH

A 4 OHM speaker would just draw greater current and likely be louder for a given volume setting... You could use it just fine, but you would be best to run the volume in the lower ranges to be careful not to load the radio cct. too much... Still, it should be okay. If you get no sound at all, then either the speaker is blown or your radio doesn't work. Find another speaker to borrow and test your radio.

Reply to
Red Bug

Or test the speaker on a radio that you know is working .

I dont know about your saphire, but most car audio stuff uses 4 ohm speakers, to get the most useable power from 12 (or 6 ) volts.

Rich

Red Bug wrote:

Reply to
tricky