Re: brake fluid up-date

while bleeding .. some rather yucky stuff came out. almost milky, must > be moisture?

Yes, it could be moisture. Bleed the whole system.

on another wheel (R.R.) seems like the bled fluid just did not come out > with the same force as the L.R. > should I just go ahead and change the rubber line?

Sounds like you are due for new rubber or stainless steel brake hoses all around.

otherwise , things are working out. > Why don't these cars last 50 years? > -- > Hint; Enjoy the moment !

Do you ever have any problems with the stop lights not working?

I have to replace the stop light switches on my 1973 Beetle every three years to keep the stop lights working in good order.

Do you know where I can get some stop light switches made in the U.K.? Thanks again!

Reply to
Jim Ed

You can hook up a relay in the same manner as the "starter motor" idea. Its not 100% reliable. Contacts in relays etc ( ie distributors) need a minimum "wetting" current to maintain good contact. The ~100 ma a relay takes isnt much. Seems odd you need to replace them so often, I,ve never had to change one. John

Reply to
John