Starter Problem (T1)

1974 T1 standard 1600dp

I replaced that plastic electrical portion of the starter switch, believing that to be the problem. Now I'm not so sure.

The starter will always crank the engine on the first try, but not always on a second attempt (or later) if the engine doesn't catch the first time.

I put in new battery cables (both + and - ) and the battery is almost new.

Any thoughts or ideas as to where I might further look in order to find the problem? Thanks.

Reply to
James Martinez

Can you hear the starter solenoid click when it won't crank?

Next time it won't crank:

Look under rear seat for the Red wire spliced to the Red/Blk. Jump that to battery + post. If it cranks now, the switch may be bad (again!) or the seat belt interlock relay may be at fault. Look on my web site for details how to jump the interlock out.

Speedy Jim

Speedy Jim