1984 ford f-150 starter problem

My starter makes a whinning noise and won't start the engine when I turn the key, I recently replaced the drive gear and cleaned all the connections, and it still does not start.

Reply to
seibman

ron wrote there is a starter solenoid on the fender close to the battery.... follow the positive cable from the battery to find the solenoid. replace with a new one and try it.....

Reply to
ron