Swapping out Kadron Throttle Body

Gonna be changing out the throttle body on one of my new Kadrons to mount one that has a vacuum port on it (courtesy aircooled.net). Anyone have any advisories, or Dummies Guides, before I start? Never taken a carb apart before.

Reply to
Mike Rocket J. Squirrel Elliot

I have a KDog right in front of me.

Looking at the bottom of the carb, there are two screw-heads visible that appear to hold the throttle-body to the main carb body. Some l linkage for the accellerator pump. It all looks pretty straight-forward.

So that just the part that the throttle shaft rides in? Does it already have a shaft & butterfly valve? or will you be using those parts from the old carb?

If you must remove the thottle shaft, the butterfly has to come out first. Those two screws are brass, I believe. Take care not to tear them up. Use the right size screw-driver.

Max

Reply to
Max Welton

It's a fist-sized chunk of aluminum that has the butterfly valve in it. Appears to be part of the throat of the carb. Couple of gaskets provided that go between the throttle body and the rest of the carburetor. Do we use any kind of compound there?

Reply to
Mike Rocket J. Squirrel Elliot

I don't think so. And if I remember correctly, your carbs are pretty new, right? Clean mating surfaces and gaskets should be sufficient.

Max

Reply to
Max Welton

Use "Chap Stick" as a sealant. It will prevent the gaskets from sticking and tearing upon future disassembly. You can use this trick on all carburetor gaskets.

John Aircooled.Net > > > >

Reply to
John Connolly

John, it is advice like using chap-stick on the gaskets that keeps me coming back to your site, and ordering parts from you. ~Anthony

Reply to
Anthony

Thanx, learned something new today also!

J.

straight-forward.

Reply to
BergRace

Thanks Anthony.

I try to put them up there when I can remember to!

John Aircooled.Net Inc.

straight-forward.

Reply to
John Connolly