Can anyone help with wiring diagram for a Volvo CR-702 radio cassette?

Hi Guys Recently bought a 1990 740 (Base model) without radio/cassette. So I bought an original CR-702 off ebay figuring I could plug it right into the electrical connections in the car. HOWEVER, the previous owner must have wired in a non-Volvo radio and speakers because I can see non-standard (afterfit) wires which they had wired into the original Volvo connection block coming out of the car's dashboard. So, I can plug the stereo into the 10 pin connection box coming out of the dashboard and the sterop comes on OK -but I get no sound. I know the speakers work because I tried them with a portable radio.

So, I can't figure out which wires are the speaker output wires from the unit. Can anyone help? The wires coming out of the back of the stereo are:

Going to a black connection box with 10 pins: Red with thin white line Grey and thin red line Blue

1 black one thicker than all the others Yellow with thin black line Yellow with thin white line green with thin brown line 3 blacks with red rings, one of which goes to a separate 2 point connector 2 reds with black rings, one of which goes to the separate 2 point connector

The other confusing thing is there is a DIN male plug coming out of the car innards which I understand is used to take output from the radio to an extra amplifier of graphic equaliser. But the car does not have these nor do I think it ever had them.

If anyone can help, I'd really appreciate it. I am trying to get the

740 back to original spec and don't want to wire in a non-Volvo unit if I can help it. Thanks in advance. Pete
Reply to
Pete