XC70 2002 tailgate/trunk lock stuck

Anyone have any ideas how to unlock the tailgate? It's stuck in locked position and i can't open it from the outside. It's staying locked. Even when i unlock using the remote, i don't hear any mechanisms to sound that it's even unlocking. Any suggestions? All other locks are working, just the tailgate is staying locked. Do I need to go in to the dealer, or is this an easy fix?

Reply to
volvocat

"volvocat" wrote

My V40 tailgate lock was dodgy when I got it. Couldn't unlock it electrically, and could only sometimes unlock it with the key. The electric device made sounds, just didn't unlock the door. I pulled the upholstered panel off and found this inside:

The problem was that rod going toward the top left corner. It threads into the white piece in the middle and just needed to be adjusted a bit to keep the other parts from jamming. I don't remember the exact operation of the thing any more; it took a little examining at the time to figure out which piece was supposed to do what, but it wasn't rocket surgery.

Reply to
Ernest Scribbler