1999 New Beetle - Tire recommendation?

I just recently purchased a '99 beetle and will need to replace the tires soon. Any suggestions for our Canadian climate? The current ones are the michelin "H" rated OEM tire. Thanks in advance.....

Bruce S.

Reply to
Shortie169

Hi Bruce,

I'm in Ontario, and use Michelin XGT H4's on my Jetta for spring, summer, and fall. They're ok in snow that's not too deep, but I'd recommend a set of Arctic Alpins on steel rims...they're amazing and quiet.

Bruce

Reply to
B. Skelton

You mind fixing your date/time please?

Reply to
Biz

Bruce S.

Reply to
Shortie169

Reply to
Rob Guenther

Nokian WR's

Quite good in the dry summer (excellent grip all around, stopping, starting, cornering), excellent in the wet, and apparantly quite superior to an "all season" tire in the snow. They are rated as being true 4-season tires (snowflake logo and all).

They are directional tires tho, if that is a concern for you.

To me they seem like the ULTIMATE tire for a Canadian who doesn't have the money to own two sets of tires and rims (I know I sure don't...) - I wish I could give you a performance appraisal for winter, but I have only had them since March... I drove thru some snow flurries, that's about it.

Bruce S.

Reply to
Rob Guenther