B3 Fog Light Replacement

I would like to upgrade my Fog Lights on my '94 Passat. Do I need to replace the whole light, or can I just replace the bulbs? If I can replace the bulbs, what is the numbers I should be looking up for replacement? Thanks,

Darren

'94 Passat GLX

Reply to
passat94

the bulbs are most likely H3s.

i wouldn't put higher wattage bulbs in there though because it's a small lamp and the heat won't dissipate well enough.

however what you can do is probably rewire them with a relay. with a voltmeter, test the juice at the positive wire. with a nice relay harness you should be able to get in the mid to high 13 volts or even about 14. if you're already getting that much, there isn't anything to do. if you are getting less than that, a relay harness will help for sure.

If you do go high wattage bulbs anyway (I don't recommend it though), you

*must* use a relay harness to protect your stock wiring and switch no matter what.

also make sure they're clean and they're aimed properly.

Reply to
Matt B.