Help! A3 Golf 2.0 Horn not working

Hi folks,

The horn in my A3 Golf 2.0 stopped working a few days ago. The fuse is fine. When I press the horn, I can hear the "click" sound from the relay box, so I think the relay is also good.

Could anyone tell me what the possible problem is? Also when is the horn and the blower located in the engine compartment?

Any help will be appreciated!

Thanks in advance, Kelvin

Reply to
ST

Send me your A3 and i'll send you my Golf's horn, deal?

Reply to
Joe

LOL! Yea sure. That only means that the relay coil is still working but does not mean that the contacts are good. You ASSume too much.

The horn and the blower is installed at a certain time in the building process at the factory but I don't know why you would want to know this.

Yep. Try someone physically located locally near where you live that works on VWs and has automotive tools. I suspect you don't have any.

Reply to
Peter Parker

It's probably a bad ground between the horn and chassis. I'm not sure where the horn is located on an A3. On my A4, it's behind the bumper on the left side.

Robert

Reply to
Robert Kidd

You're horn is probably shot (or at least the connection on it is). It's located on the front, right wheel well. You may have to remove a splash shield or a vent on the bumber to get to it. At most, $15 or so at the dealer.

--Andy

Reply to
Andrew

If you find it and bang on it, it may come to life (while someone presses the horn button) Not sure if they are plastic now or still metal, but the metal ones would rust themselves quiet and a bang would dislodge some rust and make it work At least this will tell you if the horn itself is the problem... My dad used to wrap a plastic bag around his horns to keep the moisture out. ;)

Reply to
Rick De Visser