Fog Lights Replacement

The fog lamps are gone from my 1987 Grand Wagoneer. As I cannot locate a source for the old Wolf brand fog lamps, what can anyone recommend for a replacement? My wiring plugs and brackets are in place.

Reply to
randallbrink

ACT QUICK!!! ebay item # 330372026808

good luck! ;-)

you might want to join the

too

Reply to
dave AKA vwdoc1

Those fog lamps on fleabay are shot! The one on the right is full of rust along the bottom of the reflector. The lens' are hazed over as well. Just do a search for fog lights on fleabay like I just did, and see that there are 44215 results!

Or go to Walmart and have a look at a set of Hella 550. They will more than likely be less expensive than the exact lamps of fleabay!
Or you could go for the Hella 500 163 mm./6.4 inch round fog lamps.
Here is a link to Hella's complete selection of automotive driving/fog lights.
Bosch also makes excellent fog lights. They are priced pretty much the same as Hella.

And PIAA makes a killer lighting, but they are very pricey.

The newest form of fog lights are the L.E.D. (Light Emitting Diode) But these still being relatively "new on the market" are very expensive, but they use a fraction of the amperage so they are easy on the electrical system yet put out an incredible amount of light.

One last thing. Hella's come with an excellent wiring harness. Use it, don't trust the original 1987 wiring harness. it could be damaged, worn out and can cause electrical fires.

I've seen that happen a few times.

I hope this helps you.

Cheers Ry'

Reply to
socks09

Somebody want's 'em really bad!

Reply to
PeterD

It is very hard and probably expensive to find "STOCK" fog lights in excellent shape. I tried when I needed one for my 1988 Grand Wagoneer. I installed a used Bosch light that I had. Hey it was free! lol

You are right, there are a lot of good lights out there that can replace those FOX lights. ;-)

dave AKA vwdoc1