Bay Area Service station recommendations

Can anyone provide recommendations on good places for VW service (whether dealers or independent) in the bay area?

I have a 2001 V6 Jetta, which has had its share of issues, but is always a delight to drive. My big 40K service is due, and I would like to get it done well, at a recommended place.

Another problem I notice intermittently is that the vehicle doesnt come out of park once in a while. Reading archives here (I hope) suggests it may be only be a brake switch problem. One of the mechanics I talked to informed me that this can only be fixed/opened by a dealer, as it involves some tool that he wouldnt have. Is that true?

Also a few tips on things to lookout for during the 40K service by veterans would be appreciated.

tx G (bawag (A_t) iname.com)

Reply to
Grv

Try the customer surveys in Bay Area Consumer's Checkbook magazine

or a library with back issues).

Reply to
Timothy J. Lee