opinions on Kuhmos for Touareg?

I am enjoying my new V8 Touareg a lot. It came optioned with the 255/55/18 Continental 4x4 Contacts. Only 5000 miles driven so far and this package seems wonderful. 95% of the driving is highway in PA to VA corridor. Does anyone here, in a Touareg or other application, have any experience or opinion re Kuhmo Ecsta STX sport truck all season tires, or about Kuhmo tires in general? What has been your experience with your Touareg in general?

Mike

Reply to
aokvw

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

ROTFL!

Ingo

Reply to
Ingo Braune

Reply to
aokvw

The Kumho's that were on my Golf when I bought it (used) were the most god-aweful tires I have ever had to drive with... No grip on dry, wet, snow... terrific in dirt for some bizzare reason, but not good in gravel... Wallowed in corners, wallowed on the highway, they were loud, but they wore incredibly well, with all the abuse I put them thru to try to burn thru them to have an excuse to get rid of them - I couldn't burn thru them, I gave up trying and just bought new tires.

Reply to
Rob Guenther

I imagine he's looking for tires because what you say about the Kumhos you used, is also true for the Contis that came stock on my GTI. Except they weren't good on dirt either. I finally blew one and used that as an excuse to get a set of four.

nate

Rob Guenther wrote:

Reply to
Nate Nagel

Danged Kuhmos on my '95 Passat got noisey in about 7500 miles, handle fa to poor, miserable in wet weather, and fortunately are going to wear out quickly.

Ron/Champ 6

1963 8E5 Champ (Champ 6) 1962 Lark Daytona Convertible (Boomerang) 1995 VW Passat (Vanilla..yuk) 1994 Volvo 850 (Tilley)
Reply to
Ron /Champ 6

||Danged Kuhmos on my '95 Passat got noisey in about 7500 miles, handle ||fa to poor, miserable in wet weather, and fortunately are going to ||wear out quickly. || || ||On Fri, 13 Aug 2004 05:21:24 -0400, Nate Nagel ||wrote: || ||>I imagine he's looking for tires because what you say about the Kumhos ||>you used, is also true for the Contis that came stock on my GTI. Except ||>they weren't good on dirt either. I finally blew one and used that as ||>an excuse to get a set of four. ||>

||>nate ||>

||>Rob Guenther wrote: ||>> The Kumho's that were on my Golf when I bought it (used) were the most ||>> god-aweful tires I have ever had to drive with... No grip on dry, wet, ||>> snow... terrific in dirt for some bizzare reason, but not good in gravel...

Texas Parts Guy

Reply to
Rex B

The OE tires that originally come on Golfs (Goodyear Eagle LS) aren't too bad... they don't wear all that well (maybe 60K Kms) but they have decent grip and smoothness, what you would excpect to see from a Golf; the Kumho's are definately for a downmarket car.

Reply to
Rob Guenther

Ditto on the MXV4s, got 'em on my '03 Passat. Not a track tire by any means, but good for real-world use, quiet and sufficient grip in dry and wet (not great in snow, though).

-- Mike Smith

Reply to
Mike Smith

Reply to
Rob Guenther

And I'm very satisfied with the Conti-Techs that came on our 2002 Passat.

Bill

Reply to
William Maslin