VW Touareg question

Do some of you know if it is possible to adjust the mileage recorder in a brand-new VW Touareg? If so can you guide me in direction of how?

Br

Michael

Reply to
Mikki

u need the computer 1532 i think it is called. DEALERSHIP only

Reply to
james holloway

Hi James!

Thanks for your reply. Do you have more specific info. on the 1532 dealership only computer?

Reply to
Mikki

What do you mean by "adjust the mileage recorder"?

Reply to
Woodchuck

Sure, put really big tires on it, think REALLY BIG, that way for every 1 rotation of the tire, you will travel futher, but the odometer will think you have the regular size tires. This is why the Big Foot truck that was in the movie Take This Job And Shove It only had 3 miles on it when it was sold after the filming... it really had 203 miles on it, but those big tires tricked the odometer. :P

Reply to
Pencilneck

Reply to
Mustangbrad

Doesn't really get you anywhere, as the ECM continues to record vehicle mileage...so all it takes is a questioning mechanic to scan the ECM to get the true mileage.

- Peter

Reply to
Peter Cressman

"james holloway" licked his pencil and began to laboriously inscribe > Do some of you know if it is possible to adjust the mileage recorder in a

Been playing with the Dealership's Test Vehicle to much, and now the boss is back, you need to alter the mileage... ?? Was she worth it is the big question ;-) ??

Reply to
Igundwane

Thanks a lot for all your colourful answers. The thing is that you are suggesting solutions to "rewind" the mileage recorder. What I need it a "fast forward"! Can you help?

Reply to
Mikki

Four axle stands and a house brick?

Reply to
QrizB

Ferris Buellers Day off. . . . . . . . . . . :)

Reply to
Exit

No, sorry.

Is this so you can buy a new one that qualifies as a demonstrator ;-)

Huw

Reply to
Huw

what u could do is damage the dash ie glass etc on it then it a new bit fitted. they will need to re-entre the milage so what u could do is ask the person who is doing it to well change it?

i would not do this as i do not think it is right( had to say it)

Reply to
james holloway

Reply to
Randolph

Mikki ( snipped-for-privacy@bc.dk) gurgled happily, sounding much like they were saying :

Erm, drive it?

I can understand why you wouldn't want to try this obvious solution, but if you get the windows tinted dark enough, nobody will be able to see that it's you...

Reply to
Adrian

Hi Randolph.

Thanks for your input! Sounds like a valid solution. Do you know if the sensor reading the speed of the car is inductive or capacitive? My guess is that the sensor is reading the rpm on the crankshaft on the engine, right?

Reply to
Mikki

Why would it be on the crankshaft?

Reply to
Matt Anderson

"Mikki" wrote

The crankshaft keeps cranking round when the cars in idle, so that wouldn't be a very good place to put the speed sensor for car speed. Engine tach yes, forward/reverse motion no. I'd expect it to be on the output from the tranny, or along the driveshaft. if it's a pulse generator, a magnet on or in the driveshart and some windings suspended close to the driveshaft would create a pulse like a generator does.

I'm no expert however.

rhys

Reply to
rnf2

I do not know any specifics of the Touareg, but speed sensors are typically inductive (using a hall-effect transistor plus a FET to provide a low impedance output). The VSS can not be on the crankshaft as it needs to measure wheel rotation not engine rotation. Look towards the output side of the transmission. Mine (Honda) has three wires going to it: ground, battery voltage and output.

Mikki wrote:

Reply to
Randolph

Reply to