Stuck Wipers!

I have a 97 golf CL and my wipers are stuck! They take a good hour to do a full up then down sweep and it does it in slow little steps. I figured I'd check goolge and I found that taking them off and applying greese can help the situation. Took the passanger side off easily, then figured lets try the wipers. The drivers worked fine (well the window was dry now so as fine as wipers on dry window can be!). Any ideas?

Reply to
Mike R

Try a new wiper motor?

Reply to
Peter Parker

I had this happen once to me while I was driving in the rain. My wipers just started slowing down, turned out that the relay was loose and when I reseated it they came back to full speed. I had had some fuse box issues before this so if I moved my foot wrong it kicked the fuse panel. BTW it is under the steering column and to the left. Good Luck. nataS

Reply to
nataS