Tires

My 2003 Jetta VR6 with the sport suspension is having a problem with the Goodyear Eagle RS-A (225/45/17) tires that came from the factory.

Loss of tire pressure, cupping, out of round, slipped belt, etc. Took the car to a Goodyear dealer hoping that they would give me some sort of adjustment (tires have 17,000 miles) and they told me the car was out of alignment. Took the car to my local VW dealer and they performed an alignment. The left front wheel was slightly off (but within factory specs.). They said the problem is with the tires.

First question, have any of you had a similar problem with this tire?

Secondly, what would you suggest I replace the tires with? Looking at the Kumho ASX but I am open to suggestions.

Reply to
Pete LaFlamme