Weird Statup Problem

When I start my car the engine guns to 3000 RPM+, and it will only come to normal if I go into gear and drive away. I am thinking that my throttle cable is catching. This ONLY started happening after I had a faulty starter replaced. What happened was I had a new starter installed however it got stuck on and killed itself. This melted a ton of wiring and produced a lot of heat. I am thinking that the heat melted a part of the throttle casing and the cable is catching. Any ideas?

Reply to
Michael

The weird thing is, no one knows what you own!

Reply to
Woodchuck

Jim B.

Reply to
jimbehning

Sorry, 1997 Golf CL (Canadian 1.8 model), manual tranny, no A/C.

Reply to
Michael

I just sent a reply to this same question:

97 Golf CL (1.8 Canadian model) manual, no A/C
Reply to
Michael