2001 4X4 shifting question

Hi, all...

I am getting ready to buy my first 4X4 - 2001 Silverado.

The owners manual is missing, and I need to know the exact procedure for shifting into four wheel drive so I can make sure it works.

Help!

Thanks in advance...

Roger

Reply to
rcav8or

What kind of 4x4 system? Lever on the floor, pushbutton on the dash? In any case....you can pretty much switch/shift into 4hi at any time/speed. To get into 4lo, you need to either stop completely or be barely moving, shift into neutral and then perform the shift into 4lo.

Ian

Reply to
shiden_kai

I prefer "barely moving" and "barely moving" REALLY means "barely moving" even though 10MPH feels like "barely moving" - "barely moving" means: speedo does not register!

GMC Greml>

Reply to
GMC Gremlin