2002 tahoe tsbs

Looking for tsb #35 01-07-30-042A (DEC 02). This references a problem with clunking at 2-3 upshift or 3-2 downshift. Anyone have this and care to share it. Dealer service garage told me they could not replicate the problem with my vehicle. So I must be be hearing things?. Maybe if they test drove it for more than .5 miles they would have heard and felt it. Turns out there's a specific tsb on it.

Thanks Jersey Jim

Reply to
JerseyJim

Information on 2-3 Upshift or 3-2 Downshift Clunk Noise #01-07-30-042B - (01/16/2004) Information on 2-3 Upshift or 3-2 Downshift Clunk Noise

2004 and Prior Light Duty Trucks

2003-2004 HUMMER H2

with 4L60E or 4L65E Automatic Transmission (RPOs M30, M32)

This bulletin is being revised to add the 2004 model year. Please discard Corporate Bulletin Number 01-07-30-042A (Section 07 - Transmission/Transaxle).

Some vehicles may exhibit a clunk noise that can be heard on a 2-3 upshift or a 3-2 downshift.

During a 2-3 upshift, the 2-4 band is released and the 3-4 clutch is applied. The timing of this shift can cause a momentary torque reversal of the output shaft that results in a clunk noise. This same torque reversal can also occur on a 3-2 downshift when the 3-4 clutch is released and the

2-4 band applied. This condition may be worse on a 4-wheel drive vehicle due to the additional tolerances in the transfer case.

This is a normal condition. No repairs should be attempted.

Reply to
"Doc"

Super, that info is a great help to me. Thanks for sharing it. Not too happy that there's no remedy for it though. Makes me think I'm driving my clunker 89 chevy pickup rather than a new tahoe with only

18k on it. I've driven chevy trucks, tahoes and suburbans for over 30 years and I don't recall any new ones making such a sound. Sometimes you hear after 100k. But what can you do. Just put up with the annoyance I guess.

thanks again.

Reply to
JerseyJim