2015 Silverado: Seatbelt Alarm Coming Through Speakers?

Are those annoying 2-4 beeps that sound every time I start the vehicle coming through the sound system - or is it some separate sound emitter?
If #2, can anybody ballpark the location?
If I can get to it, I'm, thinking maybe a little liquid insulation foam applied carefully might quiet it down.
Other workarounds ?
Reply to
(PeteCresswell)
ALL of the warning chimes come through the sound system. Headlight, seatbelt, key in ignition and all the rest.
Reply to
Steve W.
Per Steve W.:
Thanks.
Meanwhile, somebody came up with that seems like a safe alternative: a seatbelt extender left plugged in.

Reply to
(PeteCresswell)
I'm going to get an extender now, not for the safety dings being annoying, but because the idiots at ford place the female buckle behind your back and under your a**.
Reply to
Sam Stone
Steve W, Your advice is nearly always 'spot on' over the years you've given so much to so many, Thanks. This seat belt extender you suggested as a solution for an 'issue' , I hope it fixed his Problem. For me my new 3 inch extender cured my top complant on my vehicle, which was I had to fight to latch the seat belt, I mean WTF?? ford 'idiots'! The overriding of latch switch is a big plus too, yes i wear the belt. SO....The extender works great , but a funny thing happened returning home from grocery shopping. I placed a box with 4 one gallon jugs of apple cider on the passenger seat. Started the car and no warning alarms for miles, exited a highway , made a turn ( i am recalling this now with 20/20 rear sight vision) and the SEAT BELT alarm sounded. Removing the extender and latching the ford belt did not help. My first thought was this brand new extender messed up the switch in the latch or something. I pull into a parking lot, shut it car off, restarted it and the no alarm, fine , replaced the extender and still no alarm. The trip home was 10 more miles and no alarm. This am while reading USE NET , I got to thinking , I bet the cider jugs were just enough while making a hard turn kinda fast to set the warning signal and I just did not give a thought to the passenger seat belt not being latched. This happened the first trip with the extender. I'll mess with the empty seat and see if I get the same reaction my next trip out.
Reply to
Sam Stone
Yea - sounds like the jug weight was just about the right weight for the sensor in the seat to think someone was sitting there when going around the turns for a couple seconds and it tripped....Don't have one of the new fangled Chevy with airbags...My '98 GMC2500 is what I use for my main towing vehicle....no airbags, seat sensors or nothing annoying....just old school easy to fix truck :)
Reply to
IYM