Need help with '92 Sentra cooling fans

Does anyone know what the 4 wires on the radiator cooling fans are for? I know one is ground and one is 12V supply but what about the other 2? One has

5V on it and the other has 10V. The reason I'm asking is that these fans are causing a great deal of noise on AM and CB radio reception. I was able to quiet it with some capacitors on the various wires but I really need to know a little more about the system so I don't damage anything. If someone has the wiring diagram,a link or just an explanation, it would really help.

Thanks, Chris

Reply to
Chris

You filter your positive lead that goes to the radio...how do you know its those wires causing the issue?

Reply to
XcitableBoi

I tried putting a filter on the radio lead and it didn't help a bit. I even powered it off a separate battery to be sure. It's coming through the antenna. I pulled back a little insulation and put a small capacitor on the

12V and 10V leads and the noise was gone. I just need to know where these go to. BTW, my antenna is as far from the fans as it can get.

| > Thanks, | > Chris | >

| |

Reply to
Chris

Reply to
XcitableBoi

It probably won't work. Some of the noise is at the desired frequency. The CB/Ham equipment has noise filters that don't eliminate it. It also has to be able to handle up to 600 watts on transmit without disturbing the SWR. I need to eliminate it at the source. I had a similar problem with noise from the transmission control module in my van. A carefully chosen and placed capacitor all but eliminated the problem without interfering with the vehicle operation. That's what I need here.

Chris

| |

Reply to
Chris

Well, I found a diagram at the library. Since none of the fan wires go to the computer, I put capacitors between green and gnd and yellow and gnd. I now have a quiet CB receive.

| |

Reply to
Chris