454 Mark What?

I have a 454 LS-6 1969-1970. Could some one tell me what Mark 4 or 5 or what I own? TIA Wayne

Reply to
Wayne Jones

Mark IV

Reply to
Shades

The factory 454 at it best before they started too choke it off.

----------------- The SnoMan

SnoMan

read here

Reply to
dave

I was driving when 348's and 409's where still around. Also they left out the 366 which was a tall block (same as used in the truck 427) and while it was never stanadard in car it was a member of the Rat family and made for several years.

----------------- TheSnoMan.com

Reply to
SnoMan

I was seriously considering buying a medium duty GMC with a 366 and installing it into my K20...Couldn't afford an NV4500 to handle the torque, so I never got the 366.

Reply to
Shades

Should have just put a SM465 behind it as it will handle that and a lot more. I drove a C60 dump with a 366 one summer in 70's. It had a

366 with a 10 speed (5x2) and it did a good job hauling 8 to 9 tons of blacktop at a time. A few times I pull a "float" behind it with a backhoe on it and it was no problem. One time I had to go out on a job about 50 miles away with the loaded float and about 6 tons of gravel in bed too. That was a load let me tell you. I am guessing my GCW was around 42 to 44K that trip. It had no problem starting the load or getting it rolling good but I had a 2 mile long grade to climb on interstate when loaded and will I could top it at about 48 to 50 with a load a blacktop, I was straining to make even 30 at top with that load.

----------------- TheSnoMan.com

Reply to
SnoMan