89 2500 fuel pump

I guess my Fuel pump took a dump ..

I can't get under the truck to drop the tank for a week or two ( Stitches in my gut ) and i dont need them to blow out yet ..

I can however cut the bed and fix it .. But i don't know the mearsurement or where to cut in the bed . It's 2wd 89 2500 8ft bed .. any help guys would be Great ..

Reply to
Save a horse Ride a Cowboy

Don't cut the bed!! Just remove it for access to the pump.

Doc

Reply to
"Doc"

it's easier (IMHO) to remove the bed and go at it that way. My brother and I hit the bed bolts with some PB B'laster and took them out with no problems even after 10 Maine winters. then we slid the bed back far enough to get at the pump cover (X-cab short box), fixed the lines (in his case the pump was fine) and put it back together... it only took 2 or 3 rather leasurely hours.

-Bret

Reply to
Bret Chase

ya know i didnt even think about That !!!!!

( Must be the pain pills )

Thanks guys .. I give it a try in the morning ...

I'll let ya know what happened ..

Reply to
Save a horse Ride a Cowboy

remember to bathe BEFORE your wife tells you. Pain pills can definitely steal brain power

Reply to
alasatian