89 s10 Door removal

I have an 89 4.3 4x4 s10 that is used at the beach an awful lot, and can be driven on the beach and around a small town. I was wondering how difficult it would be to make the doors removable. It has manual everything so there are no wires to worry about. It looks like i could just cut the hinge pins and replace them with a same sized bolt that would be removeable, that way i wouldn't have to mess with bushing or re attaching the hinges. I know i would have to move the mirrors to the body that wouldn't be a prob. Any ideas? and does anyone know what the laws are in MD on door removal? ive seen jeeps riding around with out any so I am assuming its cool for other trucks too.

Thanks

Reply to
jiimi

I live in MD. don't know what the laws are. If you pull the springs and pins and put bolts back in and a mirror on the left side should be legal. Check with someone that has an state inspectors License they should know. Ask at a state cop station they should know. Good Luck.

Reply to
Wayne Jones

has an article on how to cut down the doors like on a jeep. Not what you asked for, but something to consider.

Reply to
motley