92 Chevy Truck.. that PINGS

I have a 92 Chevy K1500 4 x 4, that pings out of control when driving down the freeway.

Replaced: plugs, wires, rotor, cap, all filters. checked timing. Everything OK.

What could be causing this annoying problem? HELP!!!

Reply to
David Cheek

check/replace your EGR valve.

-Bret

Reply to
Bret Chase

blown head gasket causing extreme heat in one or both of the heads?

Where is your timing set? If stock parts, then yours should be probably 0 if you have a 350 engine. Check your fan shroud for the specs.

Snowman

Reply to
Snowman

Knock sensor, although it should set a code. Possibly EGR valve or plugged EGR passages. I replaced my intake gasket on my 92 and the EGR passages were almost completely plugged at 46,000 and 140,000.

Reply to
Mastermech