99 Blazer S10 Brakes

I just bought a 99 4x4 blazer and I am trying to change the rear disk brakes and have the disk turned. I got the calliper off as well as the bracket that holds the pads in but I can't get the disk off. Is there something that I missed? I have already done the front brakes as well as the 4 ball joints.

Thanks Scott

Reply to
Scott

"Scott" wrote

These vehicles also have a drum brake setup inside those rear rotors. It's possible that a significant ridge of rust is present inside the drum section of the rotor which will make it difficult to get the rotor off of the brake shoe that is inside. You will need to just work the rotor off the shoe....you may possible end up bending the spring retainer that retains the park brake shoe to the backing plate. I would just replace both rear park brake shoes while you are at it...and clean up the drum surface inside the rotor.

Ian

Reply to
shiden_kai