Another Brake Question 99 Blazer s10 ABS

I just changed the front brake pads and upper/lower balljoints on my 99 Blazer s10 4x4 and during the reassembly of the passenger side, I broke the leads off the ABS Speed sensor. I replaced it with a new one (GM). I used the white dielectric grease that Napa told me to use. Now the ABS light comes on. The Hayes book that I used did not say anything about these sensors, but I kind of figured it wouldn't. Any thoughts on what may be causing the ABS light to come on. Is there a way to shut the ABS light off.

Scott

Reply to
Scott Morneau

Sounds like the connection to the wheel speed sensor is still broken - did you damage the connector?

Reply to
Robert Hancock

it may have set a code in computer. try resetting. On some cases just unplugging the ABS module and plugging back in does it.

Reply to
jimauto