99 burban..$ ?? advise ?

local vehicle-99 burban- loaded-leather.90,000 mi on vehicle..but has a brand new from factory short block w/ 36,000 mi warranty on the engine. the exterior is beautiful..they want $13,000.

whatdya' think ???

I have a 98 Tahoe...70,000 mi.--dang near the same thing.it has been pretty good..except the turn signal fuse blows a lot & the wiper motor needs replaced. it also seems the chevys are prone to front brake /rotor warping / squealing troubles,but overall ..nice vehicle.

Reply to
Gene

Doesn't sound too bad. Check KBB.com for blue book on it. Then add a little for the nice engine warranty.

Reply to
Corey Scheich

I have the same vehicle you are talking about in 4x4 and 123,000 on the clock. No problems at all. I would look to see if it would cost much money to get a 2000 model to get the better brakes and an overall incrementally better vehicle. I drove a 2000 several hundred miles on a ski trip and it was very similiar to mine but just a little better at everything except the low end torque.

Bobby

Reply to
Bob Muse

Maybe I am just looking for things that aren't there, but why did it require a short block at those relitive low miles? To me that is an indication that maybe it wasn't maintained properly or maybe abused.

Diamond Jim

"The Old Devil Dog"

Reply to
Diamond Jim

I went to the garage where they replaced the motor...guy said the intake was FULL of gasoline & figures that's what popped the engine-raw fuel dumped into a cylinder. The engine was replaced with a LONG block- remanufactured engine & carries a

36,000 full warranty. A new intake was also put on the new engine.

still debating a purchase....

Reply to
Gene