AD: Ok sort of...

Hey folks, since I am connection my truck to the internet and wiring it with PC's (ok so Im a geek but, hey I 4x4) I put up a site about what I am doing. I also have a forum for others doing the same or asking questions about products as well as a links area where you can link your own web space or business (no adult). So if you are interested, check it out:

I know its ugly but, I work for a living not code any more ;)

Reply to
Kenner Costen

Kenner: I use a laptop that straps to an articulated pedestal desk. It can be easily adjusted and locked down in many positions. There are many commercially available but mine is a Jotto Desk and it works very well. I have added some simple supports that compensate for rough off road travel and it's very solid and rugged. The only down side is that there is a metal post on the extreme left side of the passenger compartment that may be hazardous in an accident. The laptop straps in and connects in minutes and is very convenient to take out and use elsewhere while on the road. I use it mainly for GPS tracking and trip planning but I've thought of using my cell phone and the thousands of unused roll over minutes for internet access.

I'll be glad to email you some photos of the set up.

Bob Walker

Reply to
Bob Walker