BO LO vs 700R4

I am getting tons of email telling me to keep the BO LO in the truck and not use the 700r4. What d you guys..and girls ..think. I hate the shifter on the BO LO.. but my frind has one and says it is reliable, and good for off road. I am not worried about gas and OD is the only thing worth while about the 700r4. I am at your mercy... any advice will be great.

Reply to
Chevrolet

Nice thing about a 700R4 is that it has a deeper first gear than a THM350, THM400 or 4L80 (3.06 vs 2.52 for THM350 and 2.48 for THM400 and 4L80 used in GM trucks) THis deeper first gear is a assit at time. Also the only real difference between a 700R4 and a 4L60 is that the

60 is electronically controlled while the 700 is not and the 700 can be beefed up to handle a LOT of power too (600HP plus). ALso even if you are not a fan of OD, the nice thing about it is that it allows you to use deepr axle gears for better overall performance with low cruising RPM. Try to think of it more as a 4 speed trany rather than a 3 speed with OD if the rear axle is geared properly to make full use of 4th gear.

----------------- TheSnoMan.com

Reply to
SnoMan