Brake controller install on Suburban??

I need to install a brake controller on my 95 suburban, which has a tow package, but I don't know how well it is prepared for the installation of the controller on the dash.

For most part it is tricky to find/install the wire from the brake switch to the controller, but it would be nice to have the other wires also nice and accessible.

Who has done this and can help???

Uwe

Reply to
Jaggy Taggy

I just bought I Tekonsha Prodigy Brake controller for my 05 Silverado with tow package. All I had to do was mount the mounting bracket ,slide the controller in, run a plug from the unit to a plug under the dash. (you will have to buy a specific plug for your suburban) It cost around $13.00 for the plug. I think the prodigy is the best on the market . Here are some info sites for you.

I found it really cheep at
Hope this helps you.

Reply to
Hammbone

The problem here is that you have an '05 and he has a '95. If the OP's truck is like my '99 Yukon there is no socket or plug available. On my truck the controller had to be wired into the system, not simply plugged in. I'd like to help the OP but I had mine done by an RV dealer.

WW

Reply to
WaterWatcher

Oh dammmm sorry.. I guess I didn't have my glasses on!

Reply to
Hammbone