Broken outside door handle - 1998 GMC 1500

The plastic housing around the driver's side door handle has cracked so that the whole assembly (lock and all) is starting to come out of the door. I can still open, close and lock the door, but the handle definetly needs replacement. I assume that I only need to replace the plastic handle, not the lock itself. How would I do this?

Reply to
akrice

get a replacment from lmc truck. from there i dont know

Reply to
mudmonkey

I've got a '98 Z71 and went through the something about 2 weeks ago... I ordered a new handle from US Autoparts... installed and looks as good as the original and 1/3 the cost that my local Chevy dealer wanted...