Driving a 95 silverado 5 spd manual

I have driven standards cars for over 30 years, and didn't think that I would have a problem with a manual transmition on a K 1500. For the last two months I've been having the worst time getting it into first on any sort of incline. The system seems to hang-up when starting to roll, more throtle means more rpm and no movement, more clutch means vibration and loss of speed, and no combination of the two seems to result in anything resembling a smooth acceleration. Can anyone tell me how to do this while I still have a clutch/engine?

Thanks

Reply to
Derek Thain

Are you trying to drive up a hill with the clutch pushed in? Thats a no no. After you take off from a dead stop, you should take your foot completely off the clutch pedal until your ready to shift into second.

Reply to
Williams