evaporator freeze up

What are some possible causes for the evaporator to freeze up? 97 z-71

350
Reply to
Gary Lawrence

lack of refrigerant

Reply to
Gary Glaenzer

thanks What should the low pressure read if the ambient temp is 91 degrees

Reply to
Gary Lawrence

Actually plenty of refrigerant. The receiver/drier is on the Liquid side (suck side) of the A/C system, that aluminum cylinder gets quite cold. With the dewpoints we've bee nseeing the past week you can build up a lot of ice around the accumulator. Have a great one!

Bush

Reply to
Bush

don't have the gauges in front of me, but a minimum of about 40 psi on R-12 system, 45 on R-134A should be as low as you'd want to see

Reply to
Gary Glaenzer

Your clutch cycling switch is stuck in the closed position. You can change it yourself. Un plug it Unscrew it Therer is a schrader valve in the fitting it is screwed on to. screw on the new switch, plug in the wires.

: > -- : > also every once in a while the heater will come on on its own I cant shut : it : > off even with the a/c on or just the blower motor and vent on it will : still : > blow hot air . : >

: >

: >

: :

Reply to